Bunny Revamp Day 5

I won’t be able to post more until the weekend, but here is a start on my doll’s dress.  I did not have a pattern, so I decided to make one.  Also, since I didn’t know how it would fit, I decided to make a muslin.  For those of you who don’t sew, a muslin is like a test garment.  I used an old sheet to make it, and I didn’t finish seams or try to really make it attractive.  The point is to test for fit, and in my case, design.  I am pretty happy with the results, thought I think I will sew the skirt portion to the top before I sew the sides when I do the actual dress.

Here are some pictures of my progress.  I will scan the pattern by this weekend if I can.  My scanner isn’t working.

Bunny Revamp Day 4

I finished the hair.  I thought it would never end.  Lesson learned, maybe doll hair shouldn’t be so thick.  80s hair bands have nothing on my new dolly!  Tomorrow it is time to start clothes.  I have no patterns, so I will just go with the flow.

Bunny Revamp Day 3

Adding some hair has definitely made the doll less creepy.  I think I am adding too much since my doll is starting to remind me off the Trollies with the crazy hair.  I am not done yet, but you can see how I have done it and the progress.

Bunny Revamp Day 2

I am really uncertain what the outcome of this project will be.  I put the face on my doll, and my husband thought it was so creepy, he shuddered.  So, this could be a great technique if you are going for creepy.  Maybe once I complete the doll, it will be cute?

Process…

1. I put pipe cleaners into the limbs so that they would be more adjustable.

2. I stuffed the limbs.

3. Sewed the painted face to the disk, then to the doll.

Lessons learned.  Gold lame ravels.  It ravels particularly more than other fabrics.  If I did it again, I would put fusible interfacing on the back of the fabric to help it not to ravel.

Crochet Bunny ReVamped

I finished the crochet along.  I really like how my bunny turned out.  But as I made it, I had some ideas on how to change it up a bit to make an art doll.  I thought I would share my progress, as I go along.

First, I took the pattern for the crochet bunny from lionbrand.com.  I did not make the ears or the tail, and I made all the body one color.  It was Wool Ease, color Blush Heather.  Do not use wool ease if you are allergic to wool.  I had to learn this lesson the hard way.

Then, I took some fabric.  I had some leftover gold lame, which I thought would accent the colors in the clothes I plan to make.  I stretched it over an embroidery hoop, and I painted faces the same size as the face disk I crocheted.

Face Base

Face Base

Painted Faces

Painted Faces

A Day at the Park

I live in Northern Colorado near Fort Collins.  The cities have wonderful parks here.  We walked through the park.  It was sad.  My poor little wiener dog gave out and couldn’t walk the whole time.  We had to carry him.  My kids all played on one of the playgrounds.  We saw a sculpture out of an old tree.  There was also a group of people playing with a parachute.  I hope you enjoy our pictures.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.