I won’t be able to post more until the weekend, but here is a start on my doll’s dress. I did not have a pattern, so I decided to make one. Also, since I didn’t know how it would fit, I decided to make a muslin. For those of you who don’t sew, a muslin is like a test garment. I used an old sheet to make it, and I didn’t finish seams or try to really make it attractive. The point is to test for fit, and in my case, design. I am pretty happy with the results, thought I think I will sew the skirt portion to the top before I sew the sides when I do the actual dress.
Here are some pictures of my progress. I will scan the pattern by this weekend if I can. My scanner isn’t working.